Can you believe we’re already here? Wasn’t it just yesterday that season 2 of Timeless premiered? How are we getting ready to face the season finale already? These past few months have literally flown by before our eyes, and it’s almost time to endure yet another summer hiatus.
Because I refuse to believe Timeless will be cancelled. We are getting our season 3 because this amazing show needs to keep telling these incredible, diverse and complex stories while teaching us history through the amazing people who made such a difference in our world and are often overlooked. So season 3, NBC. We’re counting on you.
With that being said, the finale is out of this world. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, and honestly? Thank God they’re airing 9 and 10 back-to-back because if we had to wait another week, the cliffhanger in 9 would kill us all. You’ll cry, you’ll laugh, you’ll want to punch Wyatt in the throat, and then you’ll cry again. And then, you’ll ugly sob –really hard. I did. And then, your jaw is going to hit the floor because the cliffhanger is crazy.
But for now, here is what you need to know about “The General” and “Chinatown.”
- Wyatt is a stubborn puppy in denial. He will frustrate everyone so much. Shit is going to blow up in his face, and you’ll almost want to say it serves him right. But you won’t because it’s Wyatt, who’s been thrown into an impossible situation; and his emotions and thoughts are all over the place. He’ll get his head on straight eventually, though. I promise.
- Harriet Tubman is a badass queen. Even Rufus says so. My favorite aspect of “The General” was the dynamic between Rufus and Harriet. Every single conversation they had was fantastic. Have I mentioned how much I love the writing on Timeless? Because I do. So much. Also, Harriet Tubman? What a brilliant woman. Such a brave, generous soul. Look her up, people. Google is your friend.
- Jiya is a badass. By now, we all know Jessica is Rittenhouse and kidnaps Jiya at some point, but our favorite techie queen can totally take care of herself. She takes the damsel in distress concept and tap dances on it before setting it on fire. I am so proud. Also, Claudia Doumit is absolutely fantastic in both episodes. She deserves all the awards, guys. All. The. Awards.
- Lucy and Emma. That showdown we all heard so much about? I don’t even know what to say. Both Annie Wersching and Abigail Spencer were incredible, but Spencer’s performance deserves a standing ovation. It was absolutely phenomenal and heartbreaking.
- Lyatt. Sigh. My tortured, noble babies. Let me put it this way: there’s a light at the end of the tunnel, guys. The road will be painful, hard — and definitely full of angst — but there is hope. Lucy loves Wyatt so much — even Jessica knows! — and he loves her right back. They’ll find their way back to each other…eventually.
The 2-hour season 2 finale of Timeless is scheduled to air this Sunday, May 13, at 9/8C on NBC. DON’T MISS IT. WATCH IT LIVE. TELL YOUR FRIENDS.